Thanksgiving is upon us and it has inspired us to want to give back and provide true value to our readers, above and beyond our monthly content. Not one day passes in which we don’t hear a buyer ask “what are sellers thinking?” or a seller ask “what’s the buyer sentiment out there?”. We want to be able to answer these questions and we need your help to do so. (Click here to take the survey.)
We are launching what will be a periodic survey of buyers and sellers, to shed light on the ever-elusive thoughts of the other side, how they feel about the economy, the housing market, and their own personal buy / sell decisions. (Here’s another chance to click here.)
With no further ado, here are the top 10 reasons we’re launching this survey:
- It’s 10 questions and will take less than 1 minute to complete. (no, really, we timed it!)
- No one has come up with it before. Why not be the first?
- We’re tired of constantly telling buyers and sellers to take the latest quarterly data with a grain of salt because it’s lagging by 4-6 months. Via this survey, the more people who participate, the more we will all have a better grasp on the market and where it’s headed. Aren’t you curious?
- Who doesn’t love talking about / sharing their views on real estate, if not New Yorkers? You have an opinion and, damn it, you want to share it! (And, damn it, it should be heard!)
- You satisfy your curiosity: in return for your participation, you get feedback from the other side. (i.e. if you’re a seller, you learn about buyers and vice versa.)
- The technology exists such that this information can now be gathered anonymously (no stalking or spammy follow-ups, we promise).
- It creates good Karma and appeals to your good nature of wanting to share your views for the sake of the greater good, participating in an effort to shed light on this market beyond the numbers.
- It’s aligned with our mission to raise the level of discourse in Manhattan real estate, and promote transparency in the market place.
- If you forward this to ten friends and ask them to take it, you will have good luck for the next 7 days straight.
- We would really, truly appreciate it! Cross our hearts …