Do not underestimate the power of creatively marketing your property, and this does NOT mean pretty pictures. Let’s think through some potential ideas for two opposing examples: a significant fixer-upper and luxury turn-key property.
- Have 3-4 potential layouts and mock-ups available to help investors see potential they otherwise may have missed
- Avoid fancy brochures or elaborate campaigns as they may give the wrong signal about how well your property may be priced.
- Get preliminary price quotes from reputable contractors to be able to answer cost estimate questions; numbers and options here make all the difference.
Now to the luxury turn-key property:
- Determine whether it deserves its own website; if so, you may want to optimize it for search traffic.
- Pay attention to the description of the property and speak to that natural buyer; make the narrative stand out and avoid the trap of the generic description of room numbers, square footage and sterile features.
- Take unconventional photos of the apartment such that a quick scroll among competing properties would make yours stand out at a glance.
- Consider a video tour with an overlay of poised commentary.
The idea is to creatively question every piece of your strategy and align it with the nature of your property.